If you're reading this post, then you must:
(a) leave a comment and answer the below 25 questions that I made up,
(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post, if you have a blog, that is.
or (c) call yourself a scrooge in the comment below and refuse to answer them.
I hope you choose (A) or (B) but if you choose (C) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention me since I am the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)
Okay, here goes. I'll answer them as well to be fair.
(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story, hands down!
Elf is a close second!
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is a close third!
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
Any frickin' cheesey @ss Lifetime movie with people like Crystal Bernard, Valerie Bertinelli or some old, has-been actress.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
O' Holy Night (love the Martina McBride version) and Merry Christmas Darling (by the Carpenters).
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
Feliz Navidad and Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
Hot chocolate with Bailey's in it! :-)
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
When my dad spiked my great grandmother's drink (she was in her 80's at the time) and she had a buzz and her face turned red/purple. LOL! I guess that's wrong but it was darn funny! And she was okay, I promise.
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
When Kirk and I were dating he gave me a pair of black leather gloves just like from the movie "Serendipity" which we had just seen together a month or so prior. It was in 2001. I still have those gloves and it reminds me of when we fell in love. (awwwww!)
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Useless kitchen gadgets, disgusting soup and drink mixes or ugly socks from aunts and uncles when I was a teenager
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
Family fun and making new memories. Cozying up by the fire and drinking.
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
Crowds, impatient people, and TRAFFIC!
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
Star - make it a flashy one!
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
All of my grandmother Ethel's fudge and turtle candies. She was/is such a great baker!
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Somewhere in between and depends on the day and who I'm around. I try to be a Who for the most part.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Mostly love them. So long as they're not too tacky or full of plastic figurines.
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
Creepy. I have never taken Vivian and I really don't want to. The old guy just seems like a pervert in those department stores.
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Usually yes, but I'm really procrastinating this year.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Spending time with family and being appreciative of what we have.
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
Ugliness, selfishness and those who try to "out-do" each other
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
Day after Thanksgiving. Sometime after New Years Day. One year we left our stockings out on the fireplace until March or April.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?
Nine ladies dancing. I need someone to get jiggy with these days and Vivian would love to watch them groove. Forget the golden rings, I'm not a jewelry person.
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
Because Grandpa's dinner was late and cold and he had enough of her sass! And because Santa had been drinking and let the reindeer run wild!
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
I do now.
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
Freshly baked desserts. Cranberries. And real Christmas trees.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
Just being with my family in my new house is all I need. (Click here to see photos of our new home and Click here to read about our memorable moments moving into the house if you haven't been keeping up with our recent move and new abode.)
Thank you to those who play along with my above Christmas/holiday survey. Admit it, you had fun and it took you down memory lane!
Even though it is 73 degrees here in sunny Florida today, I am feeling rather Christmas-y. So I hope you are in a great mood wherever you are no matter what the weather is like right now. I wish you and yours a very Happy Holidays! And I hope my above questions will put you in a loving, giving spirit!